Application currently open
Workload allowed: up to 20 hours per week
Apply on jobsforaggies.tamu.edu
: Job ID 194274
Peer mentors are guides that support and encourage their mentees through regular one-to-one interactions. The primary goal of a peer mentor is to encourage their students to manage their own educational progress by providing access to resources, by teaching time management, by monitoring their performance and activities, and by serving as a role model.
- Meeting with assigned students one-to-one weekly for approximately 20-30 minutes each week.
- Attend training at beginning of the semester
- Meet with Program Coordinator twice monthly for sharing concerns (Mentors must be able to use Zoom, FaceTime, or other video conference platforms for these weekly meetings should they become necessary)
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate at Texas A&M University
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.25 or above
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills
- Classification must be second semester sophomores or beyond to qualify