POSITION CURRENTLY FILLED
Student Technician in Social Media
What we believe:
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission
and living our core values
Who we are:
The Academic Success Center at Texas A&M University provides comprehensive resources that help all Aggies achieve their academic goals and realize their academic potential. Our services include academic coaching, Supplemental Instruction, tutoring, courses and workshops, and we house the Texas Success Initiative program.
What we want:
The Academic Success Center is looking for a Student Technician in Social Media to serve as a member of the media team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring a positive attitude as well as willingness to experiment and a strong drive to always produce a high-quality product. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
- Drafts content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Schedules content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Engages in social media presence creation by commenting on followers’ accounts and liking/following other relevant accounts.
- Researches new platforms and third-party tools to facilitate social media work
- Works with media team to create dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction
- Assists social media management with related projects and events
- Works with marketing and social media team members to brainstorm ideas for new content and gives input on ways to improve the organization’s social media presence.
- Has an awareness of local campus news and events and ties that into social media posts when relevant.
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
Apply through Jobs for Aggies.
- One year of experience posting social media content in a professional or volunteer setting
- Proficient with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to work remotely if needed
- Must be available to work during the spring, summer, and fall semesters (not including breaks)
- Undergraduate students preferred
Job ID: 155531
*Please include links to any social media accounts you have worked on, along with the date range you worked on them.