Mission & Vision
We are a National Learning Center of Excellence
In 2016 and again in 2019, the National College Learning Center Association awarded the Academic Success Center the "Learning Center of Excellence" designation. One of a few learning centers in the nation to receive this designation to date, the Texas A&M Academic Success Center is recognized as a model learning center throughout the nation.
Our mission is to provide comprehensive resources that help all Aggies achieve their academic goals and realize their academic potential.
Every Aggie deserves a chance at an Aggie diploma, and the Academic Success Center exists to support them in that endeavor. To this end, we affirm a commitment to creating an environment that supports all Aggies regardless of their background or experiences.
Some concrete ways we are working to foster a safe and welcoming environment include:
- Attending nationally and regionally recognized conferences to learn about diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and learning in higher education including the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity, HigherEd Web, and the National College Learning Centers Association
- Serving on university-level committees related to diversity and inclusion, such as the Academic Affairs Climate and Diversity Committee
- Conducting ongoing professional development on diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and learning by conducting workshops, bringing in guest speakers, and attending presentations both on and off campus
- Completing certifications and courses such as:
- College Reading and Learning Center International Tutor Training Program (for tutors)
- Aggie Allies (supporting the LGBTQ community)
- Step In Stand Up (supporting victims of sexual assault)
- QPR Gatekeeper (suicide prevention)
- Green Dot (ending violence)
- Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace
- Constructive Communication in the Workplace
The TAMU Academic Success Center will be a state and national model of excellence known for inspiring academic success through innovative collaboration, cutting edge research, and efficient and inclusive student-centered programming.